14 Jun Notice for students
Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCOV) infection: what you need to know
29 January 2020
To all students,
The College has been monitoring updates and advice from the NSW Department of Health regarding the potential spread of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), originating in Wuhan City, China.
It is important to ensure that we all take the necessary precautions to stop the spread of the virus.
The management of Ambridge Institute would like to maximise the safety of our students. We have decided to take the following approach to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community:
- If you have recently visited any region in China, or have had contact with family members or friends who have recently arrived from China please make sure that you do not attend the Campus until you have received medical clearance for the coronavirus from your doctor. Please advise the College prior to returning.
- Advise the college if you have travelled to China recently and provide locations and dates of travel.
- If you are unwell and develop a fever, a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath please do not attend Campus. Seek advice by calling your local doctor or your OSHC provider or your hospital emergency department or call the Health Direct Helpline 1800 022 222 as soon as possible.
Please note there is no cost for testing.
The number for St Vincent’s Hospital emergency department is (02) 8382 1111.
We suggest our students, staff and visitors follow the hygiene advice below to stay healthy:
- Use soap or alcohol-based hand wash frequently to wash your hands.
- Avoid areas where there are people sneezing; if you need to sneeze or cough cover your mouth or nose with a flexed elbow and dispose of tissues immediately.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell.
For more information
Visit the dedicated NSW Health information page
We will keep you updated on new information or advice as it comes to hand.
If you have any questions or are feeling concerned, please contact our student services team on (02) 9261 3366 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special consideration will be offered to students who are affected by this outbreak.
Our thoughts are with anyone who has been affected by the virus.
Ambridge Institute administration